16.8.06

A Sickening Walk In The Park

After so many years , the case of Jon Benet must be nearing end with the arrest of a man who is said to know details of the crime not published and therefore not known by anyone except the killer and the police .. Incredible . The man was in Bangkok. Why am I not surprised ? The story below .
My heart bleeds for this family . An angel of a child taken at so horrible a manner and on top of that , the family crucified by the tabloids . As you know , Jon's mother recently passed away with many still doubting her story. Some even expected a deathbed confession from her !

The man arrested is said to be an American grade school teacher . Bangkok , Thailand was known as the sex capital of Asia before . The sex industry at one time was about $2.5 billion a year industry . I don't know now . When I used to travel there on business , I noticed a number of tourists ? who were obviously there for the so called flesh market . The worst part was that in a lot of cases , it involved children . In plain view of everybody , the kids are peddled like goods by their pimps in the park where there are tourists . I was surprised when one pimp approached me one time and said ' sir , we have new ones here . Very young , sir ' . I thought he was referring to live seafoods , until I saw behind him a young girl with a make up smiling at me . It's really sickening .

8 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

sick sick sick..these people just make me sick...Goddess help any one who brings harm to a child...
ps..I never thought the family ever had anything to do with their daughters death..

Keshi said...

I didnt know that Jon Benet's mum died until I read the news today. And it's great that a suspect is finally caught. even after so many years. But it's sad that her mum is not here to witness this.

Keshi.

Penguin said...

I remember hearing all the horrid accusations when Mrs. Ramsey died. Very sad indeed.

My question to this guy who confessed: Why now?

As for Thailand, I can't think about that or I will throw up my breakfast.

Ellen said...

There's a theory out there now that Karr probably did something worse in Thailand, and would rather be extradicted to the US then face a court there. Just a theory, mind you.

I can't wait for all the facts to come... this should be interesting.

As for the prostitution, yellowdog granny is right.... sick sick sick!

Becky said...

I was very glad to hear they finally caught him!

Lee Ann said...

The mother died?
I didn't know that.

That is truly sad, the whole situation.

There was a girl from this area that has been missing...Natalee Holloway (the high school girl in Aruba). There was some talk of wondering if she had been kidnapped and taken to Bangkok. She has never been found, most likely murdered, but horrifying either way.

john said...

ALL - yes , it's despicable indeed . And the ending is not sure yet in this JonBenet case . Some 'folks' are saying the man is out for his 15 min of fme . We'll see.

Lee Ann - normally , caucasian girls are kidnapped and taken to some Middle Eastern countries. The situ in Bangkok is limited to local girls .

Shannon - you are married ? I did'nt know that ! lol.
Patsy's advice during the height of all this was ' hold on to your children tight and do not lose sight of them '

Cindi said...

Unfortunately some of the this guy's story doesn't add up and he may be faking the confession. As for the motive to confess, I have to wonder what crime did he commit in Bangkok where the murder of a child in the United States is the BETTER option?? Seriously - in the city of sin so many things are legal, I can't imagine how hanus an act would need to be to get arrested.