14.8.06

Shredder Is For Papers Only

As I've posted sometime ago that we've sold our house .We started the ardous task of packing stuff immediately. My books are one of the largest 'baggage' . I wonder if I need to take the books or just sell these via eBay ? Nothing special about my books . Definitely no collectors items . I seldom read what I've read . Just like movies or DVDs , once I watched it , seldom do I watch a movie again . That's why I don't buy DVDs . I just rent. Besides , I had a bad experience with Beta , VHS, and laser discs. These became obsolete eventually . I still have some Betas in my collection gathering molds .

One thing we do now is shred the papers before throwing the papers as garbage. We don't do this before .I think every household in America own a shredder now. You can buy all kinds of shredders even at WalMart . There was a time that you can find shredders only in Office Supplies stores. It's a fun activity this shredding . I don't know how we gathered so many paper stuff . But be warned . Shredding machines are dangerous . For humans and pets . One time , a TV special featured 'accidents' involving this invention . A small girl had her fingers mangled when she stuck her hand on one . The TV showed her hand w/ fingers cut short by the blades of the shredder .The little girl was asking her Mommie when her fingers will grow back to normal size ? The other example showed a dog's tongue shredded when the dog stuck it to the shredder. No, the dog did not asked the owner when the tongue will grow back . It's a dog remember . It is really unfortunate .

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Sad thing is, if you don't own a shredder, you really are prey to people who can steal your identity. I own one, and everything goes through there, including all those applications for credit cards that I get by the sackful every day.

yellowdoggranny said...

if you are not crazy about the books..take them to your nearest library, or va hospital, or old farts home...someone will love them..

Keshi said...

shredding machines freak me out!

Keshi.

Lee Ann said...

Wow, that is horrible about those shredding accidents.
I remember once seeing a commercial. I don't remember what they were advertising, but the guy went to make a copy and was tired, and shred it instead...oops!

Penguin said...

Aside from the shredding accidents, the Betamax / Laserdisc tragedy is just that - a tragedy. I'm not sure they will come back in 25 years, like Atari did. But, who knows.

Becky said...

Still no shredder in this house, but this reminds me I have to go get one. My husband saves everything and is thoroughly convinced if he throws one piece of paper away with his name on it his identity will be stolen!