28.9.06

Something About September

September is about to end . Somehow , I remember songs about the month of September more than any other month . I don't know why . There is in my pre teen years , a song that went like this :

I'll see you in September .
When summer is gone.
Have a good time but remember
Come back to me when summer is gone.

How can I forget that song by Gary Lewis And The Playboy , it's one of the 1st love song I memorized even before I fell in love . My elder brothers used to strum their guitars and sing it . Then there is the song by The Association .titled ' See You In September ' . These 2 songs came out at just about the same time.

In my post teen years , there was this song by Neil Diamond called ' September Morn ' . I became an ND fan because of how he sang this one . September morn can really make me feel that way ! Oh yeah , baby !


Early this year , I heard my son playing a new song by the Grammy Award winner Green Bay . The MTV shows a young man who went to join the military without the knowledge of his wife . He was eventually deployed to Iraq. It's titled ' When September Ends ' . It's beautiful .
So you see , whether in the '60s or up to the 2008 , September evokes passion.

There is something about September ...

7 comments:

Gattina said...

Not for me ! I hate automn and will escape to Turkey for a week. But the songs, yes, I like them too. Thanks for your visit on my blog, next time I will prepare a cup of coffee !

mckait said...

i love autumn! it is my favorite season..

and i love those songs... !
I will see you in September has gone through my mind a time or two recently..
october is better yet, but i think most are too busy looking at and drinking in than stopping to write a song..
:)

mckait said...

hmm do you like the Corrs?

bet you would..

yellowdoggranny said...

i looooove that song see you in sept...but then i love anything from 50's 60's and first 5 years of the 70's...sigh*

mckait said...

your profile says you enjoy reading.. what do you read?

just wondering... :)

Becky said...

Maybe it's the beautiful weather, the cooling of the earth, the leaves falling, it's just a purty time of year!

john said...

Gattina - too bad . pls make mine cappucino !

Kath - me too . october , hmmm . not too much .
corrs , the beer . nope . the group . yes .
i read only non fiction . auto / biography and business stories . right now , i'm reading conrad black , john mc enroe and 24 hrs-the enron scandal .

Y.G. - oldies but goldies lover we are .

Becky - yes . i think that's what it is . also , 'ber' means x'mas is just around the drug dealer... err ....corner .