18.9.06

Fireplace

Yesterday , my wife bought an electric fireplace for our new home . We opted not have one built in by the contractor ' because in our previous home we hardly used one we had .' Same with the jacussi bath . In our 4 years stay in our previous home , I can remember the times we used the jacussi bath . One . Exactly one time when my wife felt like ' soaking herself in a whirlpool of water.' Great . These are 2 house upgrades that I feel is a ' waste '. She agrees or so I thought.
Suddenly my wife decided that an addition of a fireplace will be a swell idea. Hmmm. This is strange . She seldom sit by one much less enjoy the warmth of a fireplace with a book in hand. This is my one ' knock ' against my wife . She is not a book lover . Not even a magazine reader. She is not a reader period. She is smart alright being an engineer. Then I found out later that day after we bought the ' thing ' the real reason she had a change of mind. Two officemates of hers were talking how much they enjoyed their fireplaces . Aha , I teased her . You want one ' to keep up with the Joneses ' . I told her that I will monitor how often she will use the contraption. Oh yeah , she does read something . The flyers to see what's on sale !

8 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i would have bargained with her..you get the fireplace..but only after you read a book of at least 200 pages...
i cant imagine not reading..i would wilt and die

Ellen said...

I'm not overly fascinated by having a fireplace either.... but a pool, oh yes, a pool. I would love to have one of those!

Casandra said...

A fireplace is up there on my top 5 list for things I want in a house. Do they make them childproof?

Penguin said...

I'm a high-maintenance gal - give me a jacuzzi & a real-fireplace any day! When I lived with my Mom I used her whilpool tub once a week. I lit candles, took my book, my music and whooshed for an hour or so.
Fireplaces are a must have. I know how to clean them, stack them and even manage to get them on fire once in a while!
Well, enough about me!
Should your wife get the fireplace, purchase a bear-skin rug and you may just get a few more uses out of the thing ;-)

Becky said...

I have a fireplace, we hardly ever use it though, only when it snows... Which is a few times a year...

Lee Ann said...

That looks like a nice one!
I have a fireplace, I used it all the time during the winter. I love it!
I think you will enjoy it.

john said...

Y.G.-it's not too late. i will bargain w/her still. i'm sure she will bargain back . maybe a 20 page childre's book !
ellen - a pool is good if it can take 2 people and you are 20 something !

eternal - all they've done is put a barrier to insure the kids are off it

penguin - great idea . i'll put a bear skin even a koala bear's just to lure my wife to use it !

becky - i hear ya . same thing here.

lee ann - at winter , i use it once in a while . i have other ways to keep myself , make that ourselves feeling warm and fuzzy ! less energy required except ours .

Anonymous said...

Wordpress or Blogger, I just can't decide. I want a blog for my site and see positives and negatives. I like what you have here and blogger's free so maybe I should just go that route. Here's my little site I'm gonna blog about-- gas fireplace