7.9.06

Anybody Here Seen My Old Friend Bobby?

Can you tell me where he's gone ? That song always leaves me wondering . What kind of world would we be living in if the Kennedys and Martin Luther King were not assasinated ? With the forthcoming release of the film ' Bobby ' and the recent death of Mrs. Connolly , interests in the life and death of the brothers will be rekindled . Mrs. Connolly was the last living of the 4 passengers in that fateful presidential car . ' Yes, I believed we lost our innocense that day ' was her response to the question whether America was different after Nov. 3 , 1963 . I was a tiny tot then so I was still innocent but Bobby's death in '68 was kinda different . I was beginning to be aware of the girls errr ... of the political world . Although when given the customary question ' Where were you when Bobby K . was killed ? ' I have a tough time answerin' - I was in the bathroom taking a dump .
I think Bobby would have been a better President than his brod. The younger Kennedy has more morals and unbending too. I still remember the line that Bobby K. used ' Some people see things as they are and ask why ? I see things that never were , and ask why not ? I got 100% in history class the day that question was asked . I did not asked why !

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I was 11 at the time of Bobby's death, and was glued to the news during that awful time. It seemed that the world was going to hell in a hand-baskit, as we had just lost MLK, and five years earlier, John Kennedy. Leaders who wanted to make a difference, all cut short in the priome of their life. It was a sad time for all of us...

Penguin said...

I, too, was quite young when Bobby left this world. I also agree that, after all I've read, he would have made a better leader for the US. I also think we would be in much better shape had he done so.

yellowdoggranny said...

i was working 3 jobs and trying to keep my 2 sons and my head above water..but i remember it well, remember finding out that his son David was watching tv and that is how he found out...which i think is one of the reasons why he died of a drug over dose..poor baby..
dont forget malcom X ..his contributions would have been many to blacks in america..someone should write a song about losing malcom...he was just coming into his own too..

john said...

Ellen - As they say , they will forever be young to us .

Penguin - there would have been no Watergate , no Nixon , perhaps no Dubya !

Yellow G. - a lot of peeps find Malcolm X's politics too violent . I dunno . I think Danzel was good playing Malcolm !