5.9.06

Magic Makeover

We did it ! We managed to to ' fit' the content of our former home to a bungalow . The old home is a 2 story with a finished basement . We did not conduct a garage sale and gave away only a few items so our move was practically 'all the stuff we have '. It not that we don't want to give 'em away . It just that nobody wants these. Even my kids won't take the couch etc. for their apts. They want IKEA stuff as most students do.
I am in charge of interior designing . It keeps my mind occupied even at midnight . Last night. I woke up at 3 AM thinking of the best locations for the loads of pictures. I was not able to able to sleep after that. Next action item , where to place the plants ? I guess this is ' my feminine side' if you know I mean . My Martha Stewart side less the bitchiness !

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

went i went from big house to apt..i had problem with placing my pictures too...then i decided to downsize them..i went to photo shop had copies made but smaller..and put them in those big framed pictures with the small ovals for pictures?...so i could fit all my pictures in samller sizes in those frames of 8-10...worked out pretty good..then took pictures and put in albums...
or you could put them in a box in the closet...

Lee Ann said...

Oh, I love decorating the interior of a new home too!
Glad you got it all moved.

Penguin said...

Congratulations on getting moved in and living through it.

I'm sure your wife is thrilled you will be the one in the pinafore and high heels while figuring out how to hang a 20-foot curtain rod alone.

Becky said...

I wish I had any fashion sense/good taste. I am extremely neutral about the house and everything else for that matter. Maybe that'll change one day though....

Glad to hear you got everything moved, the tough part is over now!

john said...

Y.G.: it's a swell of an idea to minimize some of th pics . i shd. try that .thanks.

Lee Ann ; it was a relief to complete the process.

Penguin : my wife is happy to let me be the 'missus' this time .

Becky: i just luv poring over numerous mags in the bookstores for some deco ideas. yes, it's over .opening the boxes is just a breee . we can take our time .thanks.