2.10.06

Whoamart

It's crazy how Walmart continues to sink in the p.r. department despite hiring a bigtime company in charge of 'polishing ' it's battered image. Since old man Sam died , the largest company in the world right now has become the target of criticisms not to mention rallies against it's business policies and personnel moves . There this class lawsuit against it by a group of women who finds that they are being discriminated upon . What about that accusations levelled against the company for hiring illegal immigrants to do it's janitorial services .Jay Leno always joke about it . Of course , there is the union busting complaint by Walmart in Canada . And now this : . Walmart now plans to hire more partime workers .
I told my wife not to buy from Walmart if she can help it . The company should understand while the mission are to maximize shareholders' value and profits , there is still the social responsibility that is of equal importance . I think Walmart's ' bullying ' tactics ' on small towns kill the Mom And Pop stores and destroys the fabric of the community . Some town officials banned the enry of big stores like Sam'. etc in their community . Walmart workers need appropriate wages and benefits . Sam must be rolling on his grave now .




It should be made In China !




7 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

funny you should mention ol' wal-mart(house of satan)...today in the dallas am news there was an article about how wal-mart was trying to get the kosher buyer..this one store is right across the street from a Jewish center and they are now selling stuff with the k-d mark so show it's kosher...
i wont go to wal-mart at all anymore..i used to ..but got tired of finding out about the exploited chinese workers andthe shafted workers here in the states.so i quit going...and they are 15 miles away in either direction down i-35...and our little town is struggling to keep it's business's open..we have so many empty shops here in town..all done in by wal-mart

Ellen said...

Good old Wally-mart. I used to be an avid shopper there until I also read about all the bad press. Not only do they pay low wages and cheat their employees out of many benefits, but they also mistreat and strong-arm their vendors as well. I agree.... poor Sam is probably rolling over in his grave right now.

mckait said...

ahhh walmart
somehow..despite the fact that the community fought .. a new walmart
( another one) being built nearby..
the builders are not careful.. and
http://www.wpxi.com/news/9890742/detail.html
is the result.. a landslide that closed a main rt in and out of pittsburgh, for nearly 2 weeks.

i rarely go to walmart.. as i too have read much about their practices... there are just too many of them in my area.. and it turns me off..

as for your post at my place..
yea... i will vote democrate as well usually do..
i live in Santorum country, and shudder to think that he even has a chance of being re-elected.

i want to know what happened to the Abramoff scandel.. who are those who benefited from his scheme?
i want them out, whatever party..

we have become a country of liars and thieves..
it makes me sad

mckait said...

hey.. did you listen to the song in my page, john? i think you will like it..
click the link for The Truth is Bigger Than .. etc

let me know what you think..

Gattina said...

I think it's the whole western world's problem. illegal immigrants are much cheaper than a local worker. And benefit is all it counts.

By the way Gattina is not a name but means "kitty" in italian. I probably didn't make that clear enough because others thought also it would be my name. No it's only a nickname, my husband is Italian.

john said...

y.g.- house of satan ? a stingy satan !

ellen - yup . 20x over !

kath - like cockroaches , walmart is multiplying.
yes , you're right , i like it .thanks.

gattina- now i know 1 more italian word beside ciao !

Penguin said...

When I first moved to this tiny town, Wally-world seemed to be the best place to shop - I could find anything at any time. Then, I started reading the business page, started talking to workers there, and worked for a vendor in the store. My conclusion: I'll work for the vendor in this store, but I refuse to puchase anything here!
My friend lost her job because she wanted a management position. Another woman got demoted from management to cashier because she "embarrassed her male employees" by having them stock shelves - she worked in cosmetics!
I only go into WM for 3 items I can't find anywhere else in this town.
Sorry to soapbox - thanks for the post.