6.10.06

The Times Of Your Life

Sometime last July , I embarked on a project . I resolved to put hundreds , no make that thousands of photos in order . Pictures when we ( me and the wife ) are in the early stages of our married life , to the arrival of each child up to the present . ' I should be done in 3 months ' I told a friend . Some of the pics I will scan and file electronically . Loose photos I will put in albums . Special ones , I will have these framed . Good battleplan . Kapis ? Nope . Just like Rumsfeld , I screwed it up . I barely scrap the top of our collection 3 months after . Why ? Memories. . Yes , just ike Paul Anka's song in that Kodak commercial of yesteryears . The photos have certain memories - some not so good , some funny , some happy and so on - one has to stop and reminisce . I scanned just 3 pictures so far!. One of which I posted several weeks ago and the other one shown here. I find myself awash with memories and I don't mind it . Screw the deadline . Just like the Iraq war , it's gonna' be forever !

Then suddenly you have to find .
The memories you left behind .
Remember ? Do you remember ?
The times of your life .

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Yes, you do resemble Omar Sharif... I see that now!

And to take on scanning all your pictures... I'm not the least bit surprised it's taking awhile. Hard to just go through them without stopping to remember the memories and the moments.

Good luck!

mckait said...

Douglas Adams - "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"

I love that quote!

great picture too! :)
glad you got it posted...

as for Brokeback...

yellowdoggranny said...

great picture..

mckait said...

hmm i clicked before i finshed posting !

As for Brokeback..

I have spent many many hours volunteering for our local Aids Service Organization... I have many , many gay and lesbian friends.. and honestly john.. they love as deeply, fully, passionately and warmly as hetero couples i know.. often more so..
i do understand that many people ( especially men, it seems.. ) are uncomfortable with this movie.. i was surprised to find that..
maybe if you just try to think of them as two people.. two spirits.. two souls who love.. it would be different ?
i have to give you credit.. :P most men i know wouldn't even watch it!
take care
kath
\\\\=^..^=/////

Penguin said...

Adorable photo :)

coach said...

ellen - u r very kind . thanks anyway.
my deadline now is up in the air !

kath - luv that line ! i'll use it .thanks.
maybe , 10 yrs . fr. now , my opinion of brokebacl will be different ..

y.g./ penguin - t.y.

Lee Ann said...

That is a great project, you will be glad you did it!

Becky said...

Good luck! Cute baby picture!