15.4.07

Shock Jocks

Last week , there was a continous debate on Don Imus' pathetic remarks that resulted in his firing. Now, I can't watch him anymore in the morning at MSNBC to amuse myself. Imus seemed genuinely sorry for his mistakes but the firestorm created by his comments was just too much to 'let go' without his head rolling. I'm also a listener of Howard Stern before he went into sattelite radio. I remembered looking forward to hearing what Stern's outrageous distribes every morning Monday to Friday . He served as my antidote to a boring 45 minute daily car drive to work. I don't travel that long anymore to work so I stopped tuning in. Also, Stern was on free radio then .Why should I pay x dollars to listen to insults, moronic jokes and all ? Imus' show was a lot tamer. In fact, half of his stuff was legit/ serious talks as evidenced by those guests who appeared in his show 'Imus In The Morning'. VP Cheney, Ford , Al Gore to name a few participated in Imus' show before. Just goes to show that sometimes, stuff like the things that Stern and Imus spew are borderline . These guys must realize that in this politically correct world, the joke is sometimes on them !

6 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I have never been so pissed off about anything..in a long time..
if they are going to fire him for calling them 'nappy headed 'ho's..'..then they should take all the rap and hip hop music off that calls women ho's and bitches...like ho is a 65 year old mans word...where the hell did the word ho come from? from black's..so if he goes..they should go..and when that one girl from rutgers said she would be scared for life by his calling her a nappy head ho...all i could think of is ..if THAT scars you..wait till you get out of the protected atmosphere of university life and get into the read world..where it gets a whole hell of a lot tougher...don imus has done more for charites and children with cancer, kids who have lots siblings to sids and built a 7-story pedatric hospital..they can kiss my ass..I like Imus..he's an asshole..I have a long standing affair with most assholes...sigh* thanks..I feel better now..ha

Ty said...

I can't stand HS and DI.God that one is out now.Next please....

che said...

It's time for us to clean up the air of this hatred mentality.It's just too much.It's pollutes our minds that make us immune with the passing of time.

Lee Ann said...

Howard Stern was a novelty when he first became popular. You are right the moronic insults gets to be too much. I don't tune in to him either.

Ellen said...

A DJ is only as good as his mouth will allow, and sadly we (supposedly the intelligent ones) love a good bleeding story. I am not a fan of any shock-jock... and find most of them to be insulting. When I need to make up my mind about a subject, I would never turn to a jock to get it anyway. I'd like to believe I have a few more marbles in my brain to weigh the issue with facts, and not opinions from people who's only stock in life comes from shock value, and high ratings.

All that said.... I do agree with Granny about the firing. Why should Imus take heat for things when our music culture is full of all kinds of slurs to all races and women?

john said...

I agree w/ Ellen and Granny , the hip hop world needs some cleaning up. I don't know why the Afro-Amer.community can't correct that.I know Ophra is doing something abt. all that thrash.
I agree that Howard Stern was a novelty . But a novelty that's passe now .