2.4.07

Laptops And i Pods.

Yesterday, I watched a PBS docu with my 2 sons about the the baby boomers.I've seen a lot of docus about the '60's and 70's generations but this was extra special because I watched it with the boys. I want to get their reactions if any. The eldest one was kind of into these shows and as expected,he was glued to the television set as I was.He nodded and sometimes shaked his head and even loudly voiced his disbelief at the things he found weird and objectionable.I am somewhat reminded of the times that I watched TV with my father (which was practically all the time in the age of one tv for the whole family) .Other times,we listened together to our RCA stereo. I missed those days.The father and son moments.My father was not much of an outdoor guy or active sports guy so tv watching was 'our thing' together.
These days,watching tv together is rare. Instead , the kids are into their own laptops or iPods. That's why, on the way back to their school residence i.e apartment, I interrupted their use of their laptops by asking them to play 'oldies' if they have any stored in their respective computers.' Yes ' the young one said to his bro. ' Dad will like this '. He then played The Beatles ' Across The Universe '. The elder soon followed and played a song by Johnny Cash that I don't even know. Good . ' Those are expensive tv/stereos ' I said to myself.

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

That is awesome that you get some good quality time with your boys!
Have a good week!

Ellen said...

"Across the Universe" is one of my all time favorites... and The Beatles still one of my favorite old time groups. Great choice for a road trip .... and great moments to share riding in the car with your sons.

Hoping you are enjoying the season of Spring that has popped out in all it's glory.... well, except for that little cold snap we had roll in yesterday.

Take care!

john said...

LEE Ann/ It was very satifying indeed.

Ellen/ Nice to hear from you again.Spring makes me young.Maybe because I'm no spring chicken!

yellowdoggranny said...

stupid google account thingy...


you don't know the joy in my heart when I found out my 2o year old granddaughter has a janis joplin cd and the 18 year old has a jimi hendrix...life is good