20.7.06

Powerful Songs Of Different Era

Now I know why journalists and other media men consider the blog as a powerful tool of the future. It really can exert influence especially on today's youth. A lot of young people don't bother reading the papers anymore and they just get the news via the net. Even myself. I read my blogs first before the papers.
Yesterday was no different. I read 2 of my fav blogs and found something that influenced my buying binge that day. I was in search of good music. Of all places , I found one in a sports blog ' I Hate The Raptors '. Why such a title ? I don't know . Coach post that day concerns Nelly Furtado's ' Promiscous ' . It's such a cool song no wonder it's topping the chart. Then Yellow Granny's post yesterday was about the classic ' American Pie ' by Don McClean . I was totally blown away by her explanation of each line. Go check out these 2 posts when you have the time. They should be in my links . Thanks guys for making my day ! By the way , I bought the CDs of the 2 songs yesterday. Now that's influence !

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I have to make sure that you know all I did was copy it from the fiftiesweb.com...the guys name is on it..all I did was copy it ..because I love the song and thought the explanations were terrific....glad you liked it...was pretty interesting..jackie

Becky said...

Hey John, thanks for stopping by.

I know I read my blogs before doing anything else too. Well, I get my coffee then I read my blogs.

coach said...

Thanks for the plug. I heard Madonna's version of Ameican Pie but they told me the original is a lot better . No wonder, it inspired Roberta Flack's ' Killing Me Softly With Her Song '. It's really a beautiful, haunting song.

john said...

shannon -i am .i even listen to yanni.

y.g. - acknowleged. his vincent is equally awsome !

nike - i assume you checked the blog and found it great. my $ 100 pls.

ellen - coffee then blog. ahah ! an idea for starbucks !

coach - madonna's version lacks mcclean's soulfulness .i like to hear taylor 'soul patrol' hicks record it .