18.7.06

I Am John The Senior

Harper is in shit . The Prime Minister of Canada is under criticism for mouthing the White House lines regarding the Israel handling of the present crisis.. Not surprising . After all Harper is as conservative as Bush . The Conservative Party to which Harper belongs is aligned with the Republican Party. In Asia , Harper will be called the puppy of the Administration . That's in the days of student demos. It was fun and dangerous at the same time.
I recalled this period with amusement and admiration. Admiration for the steadfast belief of the youth of yesteryears. Not to say that the youth today are ' lazy ' or contented . It's just different. Hillary was criticized for her labelling the young ones as such . Her own daughter was 1st to call her attention to her mischaracterization . I guess that's when you know that you are really an adult. You've become your mother or father !

8 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

will be back to read all later, but wanted to say on my post of 1971, i did mention james taylor..fire and rain.....ya missed it..cant miss james taylor...he da man...jac

yellowdoggranny said...

what happened to the protesters of the 60's?...i'll tell you what? they go to protest and are moved 76,002 miles away behind blockades with plastic faced cops between you and them..

coach said...

Hilary retracted after Chelse corrected her . Did'nt she ?

Kay Ray said...

Please link me... I'll do the same!! I love your blog.. Please keep in mind.. My blogs are bitchy about my life.. I'm pretty selfish sometimes LOL :)

Lee Ann said...

That is true, the older we get, the more like our parents we become.

I think I fight it because I just don't like complete predictability in a person (as I have said in my profile).
I do notice that my sister is so much like my Mom!

coach said...

I am like our neighbor. Wonder if he is my dad ?

Foto Man said...

John . Harper is a novice . He's PM for the 1st time. He does'nt know nuthin'. Trust me.

john said...

Y.G - i missed it. how can i miss j.t.

coach - i don't know what happened next

kay ray - the bitchier , the better !

lee ann - isn't that scary ! joke.

e g - i wld. take him to jerry springer .

dh , fm - amen