2.5.07

Trophy Wife.

I just love the Wind Beneath My Wings .I remembered 1st hearing about it in the movie Beaches starring Bette Midler..Ever since I saw the movie , I became a big fan of Ms. Midler and of course the song . The song never fails to bring a tear or 2 in me . I know it's not manly to admit it , but that's the way it is, macho man .That's why it's hard for me to understand why some men end up dumping their wives after they reached a certain amount of success. Their wives were with these men when they are still nobodies. As the saying goes , a woman is behind every sucessful man. Definitely so true with big business people. Jack Welch , the former big boss at GE , did it. Donald Trump did it. There an endless list of former first wives. It's funny that Bette Midler was also in the movie , First Wives Club .
In Asia , most successful men don't dump their 1st wives . They just get another one and keep her on the side as well as the original wife. I wonder if my wife will rather that I keep a 2nd woman or replaced her with a trophy wife ? Just asking .

6 comments:

che said...

I like the Asian way.The best of both worlds.

mckait said...

I have always wanted a wife....

I didn't know that asians did that?!?

Actually, I have been having a bit of a battle about this sort of thing on my site. I feel that it is wrong to judge by someones looks.. instead of someones heart. This discussion p'd off one member so badly that she left in a snit.

We judge too much , too many, and too often.. period! Who are we to judge? But to judge b appearance is just wrong...

Lee Ann said...

Hmmm...I wonder what it would be like to have a trophy husband!
;)

What are your seven, John?
Have a great week!
~xo

Becky said...

Fortunately I need not be replaced, as I am the trophy wife!

john said...

Che/ Me too.

Kath / Yup . Just do it as Nike ads suggested.

Lee Ann / LOL.Good question !

Becky / Ha . Good 4 u !

yellowdoggranny said...

ah..the divine miss M...the best..
I'm 63 and that's what I want to be when I grow up... a throphy wife..