17.1.07

Surge Your Azz

Hey . another fun word from the ' Decider ' . Pres. Bush is hellbent on escalating the war , I guess . As of this moment , additional US troops are on the way to Irag despite what the message of the last election . I must admit , Bush is one tough honcho . He never get swayed by polls . I wonder 'though if he is the parent of a military boy , would he make the same decision ? Oh how times have changed . During the Vietnam War era , numerous student protests vs. the war went on . Now , students are 'tame' or maybe because there is no draft yet ? I predict 'though it's only a matter of time before the US imposes one . Why ? The military would be s t r e t c h e d if the US fights Iran and maybe N Korea ! I don't think our present military can handle all these 'wars' . By then , it won't be a surge anymore . It will be a landslide and Dubya will be out of office . That's Barack Obama's problem !

8 comments:

Penguin said...

I agree - if Dubya's son/daughter were in Iraq, it would be a different story.
I also agree that, by the time the poop hits the fan, he will be out of office.
I do not agree that it will be Obama.

Penguin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lee Ann said...

Have a great weekend John!
~xo

mckait said...

I think that anyone who votes to send our kids to war should have to either send a family member of their own, or go themselves...


Same for all the warmongers and those who say send more send more!

Like Elisabeth on The View.. she and her husband should have to go..
I am sick of listening to her..

surge my aazz indeed.......

Ellen said...

Scary to think that this is possible, isn't it? I have much to lose if there were a draft, as I only have one child.... a son. Let's hope cooler heads come into office to find a way to stop the madness before it escalates out of control. As for Bush... it's all about saving face at this point, isn't it?

Becky said...

I dissapeared for a while, but I'm back and kicking. Hope all is well with you.

john said...

penguin - hmm . maybe it's not obama . how 'bout barack ? lol.

kath - if the view will let go of elizabeth , i'm sure fox will give her her own show , don't u think ?

ellen - i'm not sure it is saving face . cheney and bush are all set to see the war through 'till kingdom come based on the interview of the v.p. by blitzer .
hopefully , the protest ala vietnam war era which was held in washington last sat. will be the start of similar ones b4 this war escalates further !

ellen - yahoo ! my 5 best opinion sharers are complete again . welcome back !

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm reading the most incredible book...it's called A Piece of my Heart...a story by 26 women who served in Viet Nam...it was written in 82 I think..wonder what those same women have to say about bush's little war of lies....