28.1.07

My Elusive Dream

I don't know why I've been having these dreams lately . The funny thing was these dreams were about the same person . A high school classmate . OK . a female h.s. classmate. She of the beautiful face and quiet personality .She's not aloof but nevertheless guys seemed afraid to approach her including yours truly . And so in these dreams , I see myself befriending her and I think we even fell in love .
It was impossible for me to go after a girl in my younger days . I lacked confidence then and was afraid of rejection . Unless a girl showed interest in me , I will not go after her . Even when I'm head over heels in love with a girl . So , I suffered from broken heart many times in the past and in silence. So , I told my sons to go for it . That it is better to try and fail than not to try at all . I wished somebody gave me the same advice in my early days so that I would not dream about her now . Instead , I'll be sharing the bed with her and we'll be dreaming together !

8 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Good advice to your sons. You only live once!
Have a great week John.
~xo

mckait said...

good advice, indeed...
My problem was different from yours, but still rooted in confidence, or lack of it....


then, it was just too late...
i am stuck in a life that is not mine.....

:(

Lee Ann said...

Just stopped by to say hello and have a great weekend!
~xo

Lee Ann said...

Happy Valentine's Day John!
~xo

Ellen said...

Happy Valentines Day John!

Becky said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Penguin said...

I think we've all had those, at one time or another. How is your wife handling the dreams?
Good of you to give your sons encouragement!

Lee Ann said...

hmmm....still dreaming?
02/19/07